Bethel Baptist Christian Academy and all of the programs which it operates are founded upon the infallible Word of God (the Bible) as interpreted in the doctrinal statement of Bethel Baptist Church of Jamestown, New York. The entire document may be secured from the church office. A brief summary is as follows:
1. We believe that the Scriptures, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, are verbally inspired by God, and are inerrant in the original writings, and that they are supreme and the final authority for faith and life.
2. We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true Man.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as representative and substitutionary sacrifice; thus, all who believe in Him are justified through His blood.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His ascension to heaven, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
7. We believe in the personal, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
8. We believe that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
9. We believe in the preeminence of the local and visible church, baptism by immersion for believers, and the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper.
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.